Stop Climate Chaos

NUS are 100th member of Stop Climate Chaos!

National Union of Students

We are delighted to welcome the NUS and their members to the Stop Climate Chaos Coalition - the UK’s largest group of people dedicated to tackling climate change.

Susan Nash, Co-convenor of the Society and Citizenship zone at NUS said,

NUS is delighted to join Stop Climate Chaos, many of our members already play a crucial role in the fight against destructive climate change from a local level right up to campaigning on a international scale. From educating our seven million members to continuing to campaign and lobby nationally NUS is pleased to be standing alongside our partners in SCC.

We have fewer than 100 months to reverse the growth in global carbon emissions, otherwise global warming will almost certainly exceed the danger threshold of 2 degrees C. The most important international talks in the history of humankind will take place at the UN Climate Change negotiations in Copenhagen this December. They must deliver a fair global deal to keep us safe from dangerous and irreversible climate chaos.

Right now, we are battling to make sure the UK gets its own house in order by ending its reliance on dirty coal power and instead building a green economy with a massive investment programme in clean green renewable energy. We are demanding the UK Government takes radical domestic action to cut our carbon emissions and show international leadership.

The Stop Climate Chaos Coalition is delighted that the NUS has joined us. With the help of thousands of students, we can win these battles.

We hope as many students as possible will join us at the largest ever UK climate change march in London on 5th December, to demand a fair deal at the climate talks in Copenhagen.

2009 is an all-important year in the fight against climate change. Get your student union involved! The more of you who get on board, the louder our voice will be, the sooner we can stop climate chaos.

Join us on: Twitter Facebook Flickr Actly YouTube FriendFeed